April 23, 2014
This is a dj-mix I did after returning from The “Last Hurrah” Party with Sean Rowley in London’s Basement Club. It features my favorite Yacht-Disco edits for a full dancefloor in a club (not a bar, where this music normally works). Guaranteed to get some disco-dance-action going. Pure Hits, but in a slightly different “edit”-disguise. This is to thank all those edit-producers that make my job as a DJ so much more fun and easier. Of course there are lots more of you, that I couldn’t include in this mix! You know who you are…. FREE DOWNLOAD!
1:28 minutes, 19 tracks
tracklist (yes, I am giving away all my secret weapons…):
01. STEVE MILLER – Eagle Flight (DUFF DISCO edit)
02. TOTO – Africa (DUFF DISCO edit)
03. CARLY SIMON – Why? (80s CHILD rework)
04. FRANCE GALL – Ella, elle l’a (AMANDEL & ZIMMER edit)
05. TOTO – Georgie Porgy (SATIN JACKETS & CHRIS JYKKE edit/JERRY BOUTHIER reedit)
06. NENEH CHERRY – Buffalo Stance (HENRY’s rework)
07. KATE BUSH – Running up that hill (LOUIS LAROCHE rmx)
08. HALL & OATES – I can’t go for that (80s CHILD rework)
09. BOZZ SCAGGS – Dirty Lowdown (ROCKMASTER RUS reedit)
10. FLETWOOD MAC – Everywhere (PSYCHEMAGIK edit)
11. KID CREOLE & THE COCONUTS – MY male curiosity (THE REFLEX revision)
12. STEELY DAN – Peg (FRICTION reedit)
13. BLONDIE – Heart of glass (OLIVER & THEE MIKE B rmx)
14. LIPPS INC. – How long (ALKALINO rework)
15. FLEETWOOD MAC – Dreams (FLIGHT FACILITIES in the edit)
16. THE DOOBIE BROTHERS – What a fool beleives (FINGERMAN’S classic edit)
17. DONALD BYRD – Love has come around (XINOBI rework)
18. TALKING HEADS – Once in a lifetime (GIGAMESH rmx)
19. PAUL SIMON – You can call me Al (FLIGHT FACILTIES edit)
AEROPLANE return with another ace, quality mixtape full of electro-disco diamonds. Again presented by SOLÉ bicycles. Free Download included. Go for it! Features that amazing new EMPEROR MACHINE track!
The Emperor Machine – RMI Is All I Want
SR Krebs – She Like (HiEM Remix)
Tiga – Fever (Tom Trago Remix)
Sleazy McQueen – You Know How (Kasper Bjorke Remix)
Dorsia – Ghana (HNNY Remix)
Dubka – Eumenides
Arkon Fly – Through The Fire
Chvches – Recover (KDA Dub)
Klaxons – There’s No Other Time (James Trystan Remix)
Watermat – Bullit
New DFA Records 12 Inch finally brings back some serious soulful Disco-sunshine to the New York Art-Disco-Camp. DEDICATION is the project of Japanese musicians and Western singers brought together by producer and DJ Felix Dickinson aka Foolish Felix and Japanese artist Mikey Yamada. Felix is around for a very long time, releasing as L.H.A.S., Foolish & Sly and had several releases under the name Dedication on his label, Cynic Music. He was also part of the legendary Tonka Sound System with DJ Harvey, a pioneer of the early UK House music scene. Plus he co-hosts the “Bring It” parties alongside Idjut Boys. Enough Said! Oh, last thing: comes with a DJ KAOS remix.
April 22, 2014
CHROMEO invite Mister EZRA KOENIG from VAMPIRE WEEKEND to sing a beautiful little ballad with them. Love the result. Sounds like an eighties ballad that would sit perfectly on a Michael Jackson album.
April 17, 2014
Two VERY FUNKY Disco-Edits for old School Hip Hop Artists. CYCLIST gives “Root down” by BEASTIE BOYS a discofied groove to make it a bass-heavy sure dancefloor-filler. Not enough? Well, then KARTELL turn SNOOP DOGG’S “drop it like it’s hot” into a spacey Synth-Slow-Motion-Disco-Mover. Both are FREE DOWNLOADS, so run and say thanks to the guys!